Akharas Gathered in Simhastha
The chief activities of the Simhastha Mahaparva are darshana of the Sadhus, Satsang, and Holy Bath in the river Kshipra on special auspicious days.
There is a discipline among the Sadhu Samaj. Shankracharya classified the Adwaitvadi Sadhus in ten groups : Giri, Puri, Bharti, Tirtha, Wan, Aranya, Parwat, Ashram, Sagar and Saraswati. This organisation is known as Dashnami Sangh. Besides this Ramanujacharya established seven matha, Madhavacharya eight matha and Shri Ramanandji Nimbark, Vallabhachrya Chaitanya Mahaprabhu etc. also established their Math. These Akharas were formed to safeguard religion.
1. Shri Panchadashanam juna Akhara
2. Shri Panchayati Mahanirwani Akhara
3. Shri Taponidhi Niranjani Akhara
4. Shri Panchayati Atal Akhara
5. Shri Taponidhi Anand Akhara
6. Shri Panchadashnam Awahan Akhara
7. Shri Pancha Agni Akhara
1. Nirmohi Ani
2. Digambar Ani
3. Nirawani Ani
1. Bada Udasin Akhara
2. Naya Udasin Akhara
3. Nirmal Panchyati Akhara